Saturday, February 14, 2015

MOVIE - Fifty Shades of Grey

R (1:50)
Wide release 2/13/2015
Viewed date at Roadhouse on opening day 2/13/2015
RT Critic: 27   Audience:   53
Cag: 4/Liked it a lot
Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson
Focus Featires
Contemporary Seattle
Based on the book by E. L. James

Jamie Dornan, Dakota Johnson, Marcia Gay Harden

My comments:  Yes, I went to see it on opening day.  And yes, I liked it.  I was really curious to see how they'd handle all the x-rated scenes from the book - which was a good half of it - in an R-rated movie. In my very own, personal opinion, the movie worked really well.  Sure, there were things from the book that were missing, but the sex scenes were really well done and titillating enough to make me giggle. The book was pretty poorly written, but the movie was quite well done.  Yes, others disagree with me, but it really worked for me and I enjoyed it.  The leads were terrific.  However, other than perhaps Marcia Gay Harden as Christian's mom and definitely Max Martini as Taylor, I didn't like any of the people cast as the supporting actors.  None of them worked for me. So, all in all, the movie was ten times better than the book, but I'm glad I read the book first.

RT Summary:E.L. James' kinky best-seller gets the big screen treatment with this Universal Pictures/Focus Features co-production. The steamy tale details a masochistic relationship between a college student and a businessman, whose desires for extreme intimacy pen from secrets in his past. 

No comments: