Monday, October 18, 2010

The Pirate of Kindergarten - George Ella Lyon

Illustrated by Lynne Avril
Atheneum, A Richard Jackson Book, 2010
$16.99
40 pages
Rating: 5
Endpapers: orange

Ginny loves books, reading and reading circle. But Ginny's eyes play tricks on her - she has double vision. She never says anything about it because she thinks everyone sees this way. She sees better when she closes one eye or gets really close, but her teacher discourages her from this.

When it's time for the class to get their vision tested, Ginny is finally diagnosed. She gets glasses and an eye patch and can finally see to read and walk, cut and color!

I sure know the feeling of not being able to see. I read this book with my glasses sitting on the table and the pages about two inches from my nose. I had a glasses since I was a really little kid. Love this book!

The illustrations are great - they show the double vision "thing" perfectly.

No comments: