Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm Bad - Kate & Jim McMullan

For: Kids who really like dinosaurs
Published: 2008
Rating: 3
Read: Today at the library
Endpapers: a nine-patch of alternating rust & orange squares with illustrations of dinosaurs in black

Maybe because I'm not a dinosaur fan? For some reason the illustrations turn me off? Though the dialogue is fun and kid-friendly ("I'm REALLY BIG. 6-tons-of-MUSCLE on-the-hustle BIG"), it's almost blasted or shouted from the page. The dinosaur-- we never know what kind -- is prowling for prety. No white at all - crazy pictures using bright greens and yellows and rusty oranges ... there's even a fold-UP page when mom arrives. Probably 6-year-olds who love dinosaurs would love this book, but not many others, I'm guessing. Though I'm probably quite wrong....

No comments: