Sunday, September 8, 2013

Scrap Vomit Quilts aka CACOPHONY Quilts

I've been working on a Scrap Vomit Quilt for awhile now, and I really enjoy sewing it together.  I loved coming up with my center accent blocks using fabrics from my black and white stash. I'm writing about it here so that whenever I see a sample of someone elses, I have a place to gather them all together.  This is my own "in progress" Scrap Vomit Quilt, renamed CACOPHONY Quilt by me, because cacophony is my favorite all-time word and "scrap vomit" is a little off-putting....

Ginger Monkey (I believe this is the major tutorial that most people have begun with......)
Bits and Bobbins
52 Quilts
Follow the White Bunny
Laughter in Quilts
A Thousand Needles
Blue is Bleu
Gnome Angel
Gertrude Made
Hello Quilt Lady
Small Town Quilter
Squares and Triangles (I like that she's put another square in the middle of her backing!)
Pippa's Patch (I love the yellow and lime centers!)
Jewel Weed Chronicles
Deb Robertson (A Christmas scrap vomit quilt...)
Buttontree Lane (Yellow, red, and black centers, quite striking)
Craftin' Mechanic
Jo Loves to Quilt (another striking yellow, red, and black center)

No comments: